There’s nothing like experience when it comes to understanding the confusing and ever-changing Department of Transportation Safety Regulations. Many companies with transportation related risks do not have the staff or resources to cost effectively maintain an effective safety and compliance program. Our experts focus on your company’s fleet safety and compliance needs, allowing you to focus on your core business.
Ask yourself this simple question:
If my company received a DOT Compliance Review today,
What would the result be?
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations requires every employer to be knowledgeable of, and comply with, all regulations which are applicable to that motor carrier’s operations.
What constitutes a Commercial Motor Vehicle and do these rules apply to you?
Commercial motor vehicle means any self-propelled or towed motor vehicle used on a highway in interstate commerce to transport passengers or property when the vehicle:
- Has a gross vehicle weight rating or gross combination weight rating, or gross vehicle weight or gross combination weight, of 4,536 kg (10,001 pounds) or more, whichever is greater; or
- Is designed or used to transport more than 8 passengers (including the driver) for compensation; or
- Is designed or used to transport more than 15 passengers, including the driver, and is not used to transport passengers for compensation; or
- Is used in transporting material found by the Secretary of Transportation to be hazardous under 49 U.S.C. 5103 and transported in a quantity requiring placarding under regulations prescribed by the Secretary under 49 CFR, subtitle B, chapter I, subchapter C.
This means that if you operate any single truck over 10,000 pounds (i.e. a large van unit or a small box truck), or operate a single truck that could be hooked to a trailer that combined, puts you over 10,000 pounds (i.e. a regular sized pickup hooked up to a small trailer) that you are subject to the rules and regulations established by DOT-FMCSR.
How Can Our Services Can Benefit Your Company?
Safety and compliance need not compromise the effectiveness and profitability of your fleet. DOT Compliance Consultants, LLC provides your team with the benefits and resources of a large safety and compliance department. Our experienced team operates in a cost effective and scalable manner to adapt to the size of your growing business.
Continuity, Consistency and Insight:
- Our company provides a service team to coordinate activities between your various locations. This consistency, continuity and insight allows us to develop an in-depth knowledge of your operations.
- Our company offers a wide-range of affordable Service Packages without high set-up charges and/or hidden additional fees.
Experience, Size and Focus:
- DOT Compliance Consultants have spent a lifetime in the field. Working with fleets of all sizes, our experience allows us to integrate our processes within your existing operations with minimal disruption. Additionally, it allows us to address the most complex safety, compliance and regulatory issues, while focusing on your company’s specific needs. As a result, you will have the benefit of access to all of our resources and knowledge to ensure the success of your program.
A Wide-Range of Services:
We offer our clients a wide range of services to suit their specific needs. Our knowledgeable transportation consultants offer your company the operational structure and standardization necessary for meeting your goals, while adhering to government and insurance guidelines.
Monthly DATA Q disputes
Monthly company’s safety rating monitoring – CSA scores
DOT physical exam monitoring
Accident report assistance and registration
Upcoming driver ID expirations
Driver’s license status
Accident report logs
DOT Compliance Consultants, LLC focuses on your specific needs to solve problems, eliminate confusion and maintain the highest standards of safety.