There’s nothing like experience when it comes to understanding the confusing and ever-changing Department of Transportation Safety Regulations. Many companies with transportation related risks do not have the staff or resources to cost effectively maintain an effective safety and compliance program. Our experts focus on your company’s fleet safety and compliance needs, allowing you to focus on your core business.
What Does DOT Compliance Mean For Your Company?
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations require every employer to be knowledgeable of, and comply with, all regulations which are applicable to that motor carrier’s operations.
What constitutes a Commercial Motor Vehicle and do these rules apply to your business?
Commercial motor vehicle means any self-propelled or towed motor vehicle used on a highway in interstate commerce to transport passengers or property when the vehicle:
- Has a gross vehicle weight rating or gross combination weight rating, or gross vehicle weight or gross combination weight, of 10,001 pounds or more, whichever is greater; or
- Is designed or used to transport more than 8 passengers (including the driver) for compensation; or
- Is designed or used to transport more than 15 passengers, including the driver, and is not used to transport passengers for compensation; or
- Is used in transporting material found by the Secretary of Transportation to be hazardous under 49 U.S.C. 5103 and transported in a quantity requiring placarding under regulations prescribed by the Secretary under 49 CFR, subtitle B, chapter I, subchapter C.
In short, if you operate any single truck over 10,000 pounds or operate a single truck that could be hooked to a trailer that combined puts you over 10,000 pounds (i.e. a regular sized pickup hooked up to a small trailer), you are subject to the rules and regulations established by DOT-FMCSR.
How Can Our Services Can Benefit Your Organization?
DOT Compliance Consultants, LLC provides your team with the benefits and resources of a large safety/compliance department at a fraction of the cost. Our experienced team operates in a cost effective and scalable manner, which allows our team to adapt to the size of your growing business. This process maximizes effectiveness without compromising the profitability of your fleet.
Continuity, Consistency and Insight:
- Our company provides a service team to coordinate activities between your various locations. This consistency, continuity and insight allows us to develop an in-depth knowledge of your company’s operations.
- We offers wide-range of affordable Service Packages to suit your needs. These packages are free of high set-up charges and/or hidden additional fees.
Experience, Size and Focus:
- DOT Compliance Consultants works with fleets of all sizes. Our years of field experience allows us to integrate our processes within your existing operations with minimal disruption. As a client, you will have the benefit of access to all of our resources and knowledge to ensure the success of your compliance program.
Wide-Range of Services Available:
We offer our clients a wide range of services to suit their specific needs. Services include but are not limited to:
Monthly DATA Q disputes
Monthly company’s safety rating monitoring – CSA scores
DOT physical exam monitoring
Accident report assistance and registration
Upcoming driver ID expirations
Driver’s license status
Accident report logs
DOT Compliance Consultants, LLC focuses on your specific needs to solve problems, eliminate confusion and maintain the highest standards of safety.